Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The "New" KC

Murphy and I had a day off together and we spent it checking out a new district in KC. I kicked myself for not bringing my larger camera, but still caught some good pics. The KCLight District is located in our downtown, and has a mix of new and old buildings.

This is the sprint center, where I saw Garth Brooks, I think it looks like an alien space ship. That's my husband on the far left avoiding the camera.


We ate a Chefburger, a build your own burger joint..Mike, you would love it. I know you are thinking, what? you guys are vegatarians, how did you eat at a burger place? The establishment offers a varity of sandwiches, all with your choice of 'patty', they offer beef, turkey, chicken, or VEGGIE. Yay! It is near impossible to get a veggie burger while eating out in this town so this will most likely become a regular eating spot for us veg-heads.
After eating, we walked around the new area, it was a beautiful day (70's). We visited the 'stage', where free concerts will be held. Fire-pits and comfy furniture are abundant. Never complete without giant light-up cowgirls!




We stopped by the new Gordon Biersch brewery for an afternoon brew. We sat at an outdoor bar, it doubles as the indoor bar. The bartenders serve the patrons sitting outside through a window. The beer taps are the coolest beer taps Murphy and I had ever seen (Mike, when you are ready for beer taps for the basement..these are the ones!) The beer was great too, Murphy had a 'black' beer as they call it, and I went for the sampler. Samplers are my favorite way to drink locally brewed beer...why try just one? The 'black' beer was dark like Guiness, but really light in taste. Probably my favorite one.

We had a great day...stress free. (today is one day before our 6 month mark)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to walk around KC downtown with you guys!!

love all the pictures!!

Marri said...

you will love Chef burger too, they have spiked milkshakes :)

jess said...

That is such a great picture of you and Murph. Are you wearing your cute Francesca's earrings!?