Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kate's Grad

Ok, so, I went to California and I promised you all pictures....but I forgot my camera. Insert SAD FACE here. But I did come back with quotes, which are my second favorite to pictures. Kate and I spent one night immersed in LOL pet pictures so they will guide you through.

1. "Ok, so 5:30 in the lobby." "5:30 in our lobby." "Um, how about 5:30 in the lobby?"
Jess said it first, but we all said it many times. Never did we specify AM or PM - so sorry Murph.
funny dog pictures
see more dog pictures

2. "Demons, be gone!"
Kate and I said it numerous times, with full animation, quoting this picture. Kate quoted correctly and I always reversed it.
funny dog pictures
see more dog pictures

3. "This must be your sister who looks just like you."
I heard this 77 billion times, each time followed by a hug. These Westmont peeps are super friendly and genuine. It was so awesome to meet Arielle, Helen, Rusty (it was brief), and Haley...and their families! Helen's mom saved me with coffee on the morning of the big move-out, Rusty's parents adorned me with flowers from Hawaii, and Arielle's entire family hugged me so much I almost cried! No wonder Kate loves this place so much!
funny pictures
more cat pictures

4. Let me set the stage for this one. Kate and I got to stay in room all to our selves the last night (thanks Jess!), which was awesome to have some alone sister time. I had the pleasure of getting to stay with Kate the entire time I was out in California which was awesome. During a morning shower, Kate runs into the bathroom and desperately says, "Marri, I forgot to do something!". Oh, no what could it be? This poor girl has been through enough--leaving school, traveling across the country, starting out on her own. I panic for her and then...without warning POP. Kate hits me with a firecracker, over the shower curtain, and scares the *%$@! out of me. My face looked like this...
funny dog pictures
see more dog pictures

5. The 'mysterious duke' story. If you were there, you know what I'm talking about. I don't want to embarrass anyone. "What didn't happen....."
funny dog pictures
see more dog pictures

6. "You look like a deer in headlights." anonymous said to anonymous, and thank you for noticing :)
kitty
more cat pictures


Ok, I promise to blog more about my adventures in Cali with Kate soon but this will have to hold you off for now!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Ok so that was the BEST summary of the week EVER!! ROFLMAO!!! Especially loved the part about Kate scaring you in the shower - I hadn't heard that story yet because we had already left. That's awesome. So FABULOUS to meet you, Marri, felt like we already knew you; we had an absolute blast hanging out with you, and if you ever come to Florida, you'd BETTER look us up or else...we'll sick Thor on ya...

Marri said...

Ah, yes Thor...I'll be sure to mention him in part 2. Great to spend time with you and Chris, it was like we alresdy knew each other for sure...so fun!

Anonymous said...

i concur with tara...great explanation!!! love it SO much.

Marri said...

I can't believe no one has asked about the myterious duke?

April said...

I love this post! This is Jess's friend April by the way. So glad you posted a comment on my blog, I'll be doing the same to yours!!!