Sunday, April 5, 2009

Murphy's 36th!!

Our friend George was over the other day and it came up that Murphy's bday was the following week. George says this, "Right on man, so what are you gonna be, 28, 29?" He was completely genuine and sincere in is query. Also, during an early March weekend, our friend Alex was over with her brother and we were all hanging out in the kitchen when Alex glanced at the calender and interrupted herself to shout at my husband, "Damn Murph, you're going to be 36!!" It must be nice to surprise everyone that you aren't as young as you look.

Murphy celebrated his birthday by working and managing to make it through the entire day without any of his co-workers discovering it was his birthday, he views this as a success. We are so different in this area, on my birthday, I tell EVERYONE! I mean all whom I come in contact with. I think Murph received a record number of birthday cards in the mail this year. Thanks for all of the shout outs via text, phone, and the USMail, ya'll made my man feel very special.





After working all day, we went out for an early dinner at Baja 600 (no pictures as per request of the birthday boy). Then home to enjoy Murphy's favorite dessert, cherry pie. Mama Jan proved she was the best by surprising her one and only with fresh baked cherry pies from McLain's Bakery, a gem of a bakery right here in Waldo.




He spent the rest of the evening trying out his new video games, Resident Evil 5, and Killzone 2. Love ya babe, hope you had a great birthday, here's to another year!

I could not for the life of me get my hubs to pose for a picture but I managed to snag Mama J for one.



I just love this woman!!

2 comments:

jess said...

Happy birthday, again to Murph!! I can't believe he is 36 either, he looks way younger than that! Great pic of you and Jan, you both are just precious. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

yay! i love birthdays...glad to hear it was a wonderful one!