Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Good Conversations"

This morning my hubs and I were having tense moments. I have been an emotional freak lately and God bless him for putting up with me. I seem hell bent on being grumpy and depressed. My husband had this clever idea to pull me out of my darkness, I didn't even see it coming.

He asked me 3 random questions that required actual thought process, you can't think of your favorite place and stay mad. After all its your favorite place!!

#1. What is your favorite place you have ever been?

This was tough, I have been to a lot of amazing places. The Oregon Coast.

#2. What is your favorite time of day?

Dusk. Reminds me of being a kid.

#3. What is your favorite memory of Ashley? (I know, good questions right)

This, by far, was the most difficult. Ashley wasn't quite 2 yet, her mom and I were chatting at the kitchen table. You turn your back you a second and they find trouble. Realizing we hadn't heard Ashley's voice for a minute or two, we both stand up and begin to search the house. Didn't have to go far, the bathroom door was shut which meant it was probably locked; Sarah reaches for the door and it swings open to reveal my favorite memory of Ashley. She is sitting on the floor, holding what used to be a full bottle of body lotion in one hand and the other hand coating her pants as she tries to moisturize herself (over her clothes). Sarah goes, "Oh Ashley!" Ashley responds with a very serious look, "I had to mommy, I had to!"

Thanks babe for getting me out of my funk.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Murphy is one clever guy! You guys even lifted my little afternoon funk with that story about Ashley!

Marri said...

Awe, he's the best!! Glad to hear you are no longer in a funk!