Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Blog Quotes

Ok, so first...I totally lied about posts being few and far between during this semester. I am finding blogging is a great way to escape from the other 'pressures' in my life. If you check my page regularly you will find that I change my quote at the top right of my page often. I use quotes that inspire me, make me laugh, or are just plain random.
Some of them come from my brother. One in paticular,"You think you know everything, I know know everything." He said this at the beginning of my teenager years, which means he was nearing the end of his teenager years. He said it to me, not in a mean way, but in a very matter-of-fact way. I looked at him and simply replied, "Ok". I was convinced...what he didn't realize was this was to spark a never-ending trail of questions about random things. I mean never-ending, you see now I am at the middle of my 20's and he is at the beginning of his 30's and I am still asking him random questions. He never ceases to amaze me.
Which brings me to my point....
We have mother's day, father's day, we have grandparent's day, and president's day. What about brother's day? or sibling's day? My brother has given me so much to be greatful for ever since I was born. I have the most beautiful memories of my childhood that I would not have if it wasn't for him. So when you read this, and if you have a brother, don't think of when he told you alligators live in the sewers (and you still can't walk close to sewer drains), think of all that you have because he cared enough to exist in your life.
Thanks brother.

1 comment:

jess said...

I think I can speak for Mike when I say, that's one of the nicest posts!

We love you much.