Sunday, May 18, 2008

For Meghan: Feb 12 1979 - May 15 2008

I could have treated you better
You couldn't have treated me worse
But it's he who laughs last, is he who cries first
Sometimes I feel I know strangers much better than I know my friends
Why must a beginning be the means to an end

The stones from my enemies, these wounds will mend
But I cannot survive the roses from my friends

When the last word has been spoken
And we've bared witness to the final setting sun
All that shall remain is a token
Of what we've said and done

This may be the last time that I see you
Forgive me for holding you close
This may be the last time I see you
So of this moment I will make the most
This may be the last time I see you, but if you keep me in your heart
Together we shall be eternal
If you believe, we shall never ever part

The stones from my enemies, these wounds will mend
But I cannot survive the roses from my friends

--Ben Harper


3 comments:

jess said...

That's a really sweet post, Marri. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend.

Anonymous said...

i love you mar, i know its a hard time. here for you.

Tara said...

I'm so sorry. :( :( I'd love to hear about her sometime. ((((hugs)))) from Florida.