Monday, May 26, 2008

What, what?!

Yes I did.
I was in my first race today! In honor of my brother, who is a runner, I ran the Amy Thompson Run to Daylight. It's only a two mile race but its a start right? I figured he couldn't do much competitive running, being over seas fighting a war and all, so I decided to sign up for as many races/runs/walks as possible this summer.

My first of hopefully many runs was today. A benefit run for Amy Thompson and proceeds went to brain injury research. There were two options; an 8k or a 2 mile, I wanted to sign up for the 8K, but Murph reminded me that may be a little too ambitious. Thankfully, I listened to him and went with the 2 mile.

Here I am before the race



I won't being showing you pictures of afterwards unless I get requests for them because they are terrible. I look like a drowned rat!!!!! Spring showers the entire race! (You are gonna have to comment Sarah...Ha!)

I have never raced before so I was new to the Timing Chip (looks like a BC ring to me but what eve?) I thought it was cool.



This picture turned out blurry but it says support our troops. My brosef is a big reason I did this so I thought this was cool on the back of the shirts.


Well, more to come on that - - Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

I must say I am uber impressed!! Soooo....when does the training for the marathon begin? ;) Congrats!

Marri said...

Thanks Tara, it was really fun. No marathon yet, but up next a 5K!

Unknown said...

My love where are the after pictures???

Anonymous said...

marri, i am SO proud of you!!! can't wait to hear more about your running endeavors!

potato junk mom said...

and I just told you cleaning the refrigerator wore me out!!!! LOL...you are amazing,Grandma would be bragging!!!