Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's a Boy!!!

This...



...is Cash.

He is the Pit Bull Murphy and I are trying to adopt from Missouri PitBull Rescue and he is the biggest baby. I fell in love with him the moment I met him. Murphy met Cash (who until we "officially" adopt is named Champ)at an event hosted by MPR while I was visiting my sisters last week. I got to meet him last Tuesday, he is defintely the dog we have been looking for. I can already tell he is going to be a Mama's boy!




This coming Tuesday is our home inspection with Cash and his foster mom, Courtney. Cash will meet Tyler and Joax, and if all goes well, will stay with us from then on! We had a big petSmart day; & Murph splurged on treats from the Barkery. Look at these goodies, my favorite is the 'chocolate' hearts.






After a baby gate installation, a big wire crate in the middle of their living room, and complete reversal of peeing and eating areas, the boys are quite curious about what's going on. I swear Tyler gave me two dirty looks when I came home with a new fluffy bed obviously intended for someone other than himself. They both looked at the toys and then back to us, saying with their look, "Those toys are way too big for us". I am not so worried about Cash's reaction to the cats as I am Tyler's reaction to Cash. *fingers crossed*

Here is Tyler looking apprehensive of new gate :)



Wish us luck with our new life as dog owners, we are really excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our new dog is The Dark Knight! Look at that picture. "I Am Batman!"

murph

Anonymous said...

holy crap. how freaking adorable is he?!?!?! seriously! i can't wait to visit and meet the guy! i'll be praying everything works out for your inspection! so excited for you!!

jess said...

Can't wait to meet Cash on our next trip through KC!

Anonymous said...

He looks very sweet! I hope your home visit goes well. You guys will make great "parents", I'm sure!

Carol