Wednesday, September 17, 2008

1 Year Later...

Here's the update folks! I ate our wedding cake topper, but not the hubs. To quote him, "You think I'm going to eat something that has been in THAT freezer for 1 year. No thanks." The cake was still delicious, (thanks Mom), the frosting, not so great, but still...Thanks Mom! I talked to a girl who got married two days after us, she said the same thing :)
Curry was awesome, I think it might be my new favorite dish. We got to use our hand carved chopsticks from Japan---Thanks Apostles! These chopsticks are so cool, probably the coolest thing in my kitchen actually.






We have some additions to our kitchen...Murph and I had been saving a gift certificate we received for our wedding and we went shopping the other day. We went to Prydes, a really cool kitchen store in Westport. I finally got a mortal and pestle. Something I've wanted since I was a kid; I love how archaic they are.




Also on the shopping front...
I recieved a gift certificate from Mike and Jess (*thanks guys;) I loves you)for my birthday and my first purchase was a bank. I have recently been keeping my change in an old water bottle, which I guess does the job but isn't very appeasing to the eye. I ordered a chrome plated owl bank and I totally love it. Its much more me.





Muchos love from the Glannon part of the world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it! thanks for blogging throughout the day!! loved reading all the posts! so glad you and murphy celebrated a great first year of marriage! love you both tons!!

jess said...

I love the cute owl bank!!

potato junk mom said...

The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true...(if you don't remember which Danny Kaye movie that is from ...ask Kate!)I love you..oh and Att&t high speed internet requires me to remove the front panel of my computer to install some part...are they serious? ps...the picture of the three glannons is beautiful!!!