Sunday, April 26, 2009

Colorado Dos (2, II, Two)

So here are some more pictures from my lovely little getaway!!




After tattoos, drinks at the Rio!! Just love these 2 ladies, it was so great to finally meet Lila. Kate has been telling me how much I would love her for quite some time. I hope Lila is in my world for a long time.








I think it was Kate's junior year at Westmont when she told me about Amish friendship bread. It made absolutely no sense and I had no desire to eat this ancient dough passed down through Ziploc baggies...
BUT THEN...
Kate was babysitting friendship bread for Jess while she was in Hawaii (yes this bread needs a babysitter if left for even one day), and so I was fortunate enough to spend 5 of the 10 days of the bread making process with Kate. After it finished baking, the entire house smelled amazing, scents of cinnamon wafted through the entire house. Maybe one of the coolest things about this bread is that during the mixing process, before adding final ingredients, you make starters for your friends. Jess was gracious enough to let me have her starters, so I flew home with ziplocks of gooey dough in my suitcase (I am looking into becoming a spokesperson for GLAD now). I baked mine just the other day, and it turned out marvelous. Can't wait to make another batch!!





The weather in Fort Collins was interesting during my stay, most of the days were windy, cloudy, and rainy until about 5pm; and then the sun would come out, the air would warm up just in time for the sun to go back down providing a warm evening and perfect for a sunset hike.




We battled a billion 'no-see-ums' during our entire hike, making it difficult to stop and pose for a picture of the three of us. Kate and Sarge look great in this one but my hair could use some grooming!




I had a really lovely time in Colorado, I always do. Can't wait for my next visit!! Thanks again Kate!!











.

5 comments:

Carol said...

I love the last picture of the two of you!

And...Amish friendship bread!! So yummy, but it will take over your life if you let it.

Ruth Price said...

NOOOOO Amish Friendship Bread!!! Kate, don't you dare bring any here when you come! Glad you guys got to spend some time together!

Marri said...

It has taken over my life, ruined friendships, and broken the bank.

...but it tastes so good and my house smells amazing on baking day!!

Anonymous said...

yay!! grat walk...minus the nasty bugs!! hahaha!!

potato junk mom said...

You two girls are so beautiful together.I love my greek babies,Mom