Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Colorado Holiday PRT 1

Kate, the Great, flew me out to Fort Collins for a long weekend and we had a blast!! First and foremost I want to say "Thanks Kate!!" for making my stay so wonderful.
I arrived Friday afternoon in Denver and took a shuttle to Fort Collins to meet Kate. We took it easy that evening, Kate was preparing for a half marathon the following weekend so she needed to be up early to run a 10 mile practice run. Whew, Kate, you are nuts. After Kate's run on Saturday morning (I opted to stay home with Sargentino) we headed to Old Town, one of my favorite parts of Fort Collins.


We had lunch at Spoons...


...a great little soup place. The young woman behind the counter was adorable, Kate kinda shoved her card in the girl's face on accident, and then quickly apologized, "Oh sorry, I like shoved that in your face." She replied, "That's not the worst thing I've had shoved in my face today. Wait um...that didn't sound right."

We passed up the cookies...


...too bad they don't know how to spell Marri ;)

We did some shopping...


...how freaking cute is this purse?! It is an owl and it is green!!! Perfect for me right? Too bad it is $72. I try to keep it under $20 for a purse.


Then off to meet Kate's friend, Lila, for some tattooing. We went to Covenant Tattoos, the same shop Jess, Kate and I went to for our "A"s.



Lila had one of her tattoos touched up and also had some new ink inscribed. Here she is talking to her daughter assuring her is doesn't feel like "getting eaten by a lawnmower"


...well maybe a little bit.


Kate was inked with her 3rd tattoo, oh what have I done to this child?! She now sports the word growth in ancient Greek. Now we both have Greek words that begin with the letter A on our right leg. Pretty cool.




She was quite a champ, I know it hurt at times but she powered through it. I'm sure she will post better pictures of it once she has made it through the healing process.

Ok, stay tuned for part 2!! Friendship bread and hikes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!! so glad you posted some pictures! thank you! you are awesome!

and i love that every tattoo i have, i've had you there for me.

love you seester

jess said...

Such a fun picture update! So glad I got to see you for a few hours, it was worth every second. Thank you for coming to hang with Katesters and the pup :)

Xena Lawyer Princess said...

Marri ~

So wonderful to meet you. Glad to have a person like you out there in this crazy world. The tattoos are healing up well and look awesome.

It is not everyday you meet someone you wished you could meet...if you know what I mean. I couldn't have thought up a better person to come across. Kate was right when she said I'd love you!

Hope you are well back in KC. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
|
=O= lila
|